Integrating Library Resources into Blackboard: Guides and Tutorials
Step 1. COPY THE LINK
Navigate to the Library's Guides & Tutorials webpage
- Select the guide and copy the link
- Browse the Video and Interactive Tutorials listed
- Click on the link for the resource you wish to add to your Blackboard module
- If it opens on the Library webpage Copy the url from the browser (fig 1.)
- If it opens on the Library Youtube channel click on share and copy the url (fig 2.)
Step 2. PASTE THE LINK
Log into your Blackboard account and navigate to your course
- Ensure the Edit button is On
- Click the button for the course component where you want to add the links – e.g. "Learning Materials"
- Position your mouse over the "Build content" menu and click on “Web Link
6. When the Create Web Link menu appears, type the name of the link (e.g. Finding books Tutorial) and copy and paste the URL. Then click on the Submit button
Add a guide link to the content menu
You can include the relevant guide as a link in any Blackboard content area (see Step 2) or you can link it directly from you course menu (see below).
1. In your Blackboard course click on the left menu (+) and select 'Web Link'
2. Give the Libguide a name and paste the guides url. Please ensure to enable 'Available to users' checkbox. Click Submit.
3. The libguide is now easily accessible directly from the Blackboard course menu. You can link to our complete list of libguides or individual libguides e.g (Maths Libguide)
- Last Updated: Jan 31, 2018 2:25 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/Blackboard
- Print Page