Research Repository UCD: Post Submission and Library Services
What Services Does The Library Provide Post Submission?
- Ensures standard form of author name
- Determines whether your publisher requires you to wait a set period before putting your paper online (e.g. 6, 12, 18 months) and applies this embargo for you. The item will appear in the Repository (and therefore Google etc.) but the full-text will be unavailable until the embargo is automatically lifted by the Repository software
- Adds a “cover page” to bring together citation details and link to the published version
- The Research Repository complements - does not replace - existing publishing processes
- Provides usage statistics at item, School, Research Centre and UCD-wide levels - available from Research Repository UCD
- Provides automated monthly email to submitters outlining download activity of their papers
- Bulk uploads for a School or Research Institute / Centre - a quick way of getting >50 papers into the Repository; see:
How Soon After I Upload Will My Item Appear in the Repository?
Providing the copyright check is straightforward (see previous box) your item will appear in the Repository within 10 working days. In a very few cases, publishers fail to respond to multiple requests for permission. We do not allow items to remain in the copyright checking stage for more than four weeks when publishers do not respond to our permission requests.
Under normal circumstances, we process items in the order in which they were received. During busy months when backlogs accrue, we prioritise the most recently published papers, and those that are linked to a funder's open access requirement.
How Will I Know When My Item Has Arrived In The Repository?
You will receive an email letting you know.