Open Access for Research Impact: Funding for FP7 Projects
Funding for Gold Open Access Publications from Completed FP7 Projects
The European Commission is running a pilot for open access funding of new publications from completed FP7 projects. Through this FP7 OA pilot, UCD Research can offer assistance in obtaining funds for open access publications such as peer-reviewed articles, monographs, book chapters and conference proceedings.
To be eligible your publication must meet a number of criteria, including:
- The project must have closed on or after 1 January 2013.
- Note that EU only allows funds for 3 publications per project so it may be necessary to check with project leaders to coordinate what is funded.
- The journal in which you publish must be a fully Open Access one (e.g. PLoS, BioMed Central) and peer-reviewed. You can check the listing in:
- The final accepted peer-reviewed draft of the paper must also be deposited into:
- Previously published papers are NOT eligible i.e. this isn't a back payment scheme.
- The scheme will run to the end of April 2017, or whenever the funding runs out; whichever is first.
The threshold (including vat) is 2000 euros (6000 euros for monographs). Fees can also be paid for monographs, book chapters and conference proceedings.
To get started with making your funding request you will first need to register with the central funding request and monitoring system:
More details are available from: