UCD Library Services: COVID-19 Updates
Last updated 2nd July 2021
James Joyce Library and UCD Blackrock Library are open. See our summer opening hours schedule.
ALL other UCD libraries are currently closed.
Special Collections, UCD Archives and the National Folklore Collection are open:
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Access strictly by appointment
- See their webpages for details:
The number of people allowed in UCD libraries at any time has been reduced.
- Study seats must be booked in advance at https://ucd.libcal.com/r
- Bookings for maximum of 8 hours per day (2-hour slots)
- Only sit at designated seat and check in for contact tracing purposes
- Check in by scanning QR code (bar code) on desk
- If your seat is occupied by someone else, contact library staff at the Desk
- Don't sit at a vacant seat if you have not booked it.
- No booking required to browse the shelves, borrow books or seek assistance
Request and Collect Service
We continue to offer extensive online support:
- Search a huge range of online resources via OneSearch and the Catalogue.
- Chat with us online during opening hours
- PDF infographics for help in accessing the online UCD Library
- Step by step instructions and FAQs on how to access our ebooks, ejournals and databases from off campus.
- Help accessing library resources off campus here
Or contact us via this online form for additional help accessing e-resources from off campus.
Keeping our libraries and our users safe
Hand sanitiser and cleaning materials are provided . Please wipe surfaces, keyboards and equipment before and after use.
Place your book returns in the drop box outside the James Joyce Library.
Alternatively return books by post to: James Joyce Library, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4
Any questions? Email email@example.com.
Using other libraries
Due to COVID-19 access to other libraries is restricted:
Letters of introduction to other libraries cannot be provided.
ALCID scheme is suspended for the 2021/22 academic session.
SCONUL scheme participation is suspended for 2021/22.
Holders of current SCONUL cards contact your issuing library for local arrangements.
Who do I contact for assistance?
Your Liaison Librarian is your primary contact for teaching and learning support.
For information about library services email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For help solving technical difficulties accessing e-resources, either on or off campus,
- Last Updated: Jul 23, 2021 3:41 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/covid19updates
- Print Page