- Service Guides
- UCD Library Services
- COVID-19 Updates
UCD Library Services: COVID-19 Updates
Last updated 19th April 2022
All five UCD libraries are open. See our opening hours schedule.
Special Collections, UCD Archives and the National Folklore Collection are open:
- Access strictly by appointment
- See their webpages for details:
NOTE: UCD Archives is now closed on Fridays until further notice.
The number of people allowed in UCD libraries at any time has been reduced.
Hundreds of study desks on Levels 2 and 3 of the James Joyce Library are now NON-BOOKABLE.
Click the map below to see exact locations
NOTE: Booking is still required for seating on parts of JJL Level 2 and Level 4 and in sections of our other libraries.
- Book your study seat in advance at https://libcal.ucd.ie
- Bookings for maximum of 8 hours per day (2-hour slots)
- Only sit at designated seat and check in for contact tracing purposes
- Check in by scanning QR code (bar code) on desk
- If your seat is occupied by someone else, contact library staff at the Desk
- Don't sit at a vacant seat if you have not booked it.
- No booking is required to browse the shelves, borrow books or seek assistance
We continue to offer extensive online support:
- Search a huge range of online resources via OneSearch and the Catalogue.
- Chat with us online during opening hours
- PDF infographics for help in accessing the online UCD Library
- Step by step instructions and FAQs on how to access our ebooks, ejournals and databases from off campus.
- Help accessing library resources off campus here
Or contact us via this online form for additional help accessing e-resources from off campus.
Keeping our libraries and our users safe
Social distancing in UCD Library is not required.
Hand sanitiser and cleaning materials are provided . Please wipe surfaces, keyboards and equipment before and after use.
Place your book returns in the drop box outside the James Joyce Library.
Any questions? Please email email@example.com.
Using other libraries
The ALCID scheme is now available. See this page for details.
The use of Letters of Introduction has not resumed but is under review.
Who do I contact for assistance?
Your Liaison Librarian is your primary contact for teaching and learning support.
For information about library services email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For help solving technical difficulties accessing e-resources, either on or off campus,
- Complete our Need Help form OR
- Email your question to LITS@ucd.ie OR
- Consult our off-campus FAQ section.
UCD Research & COVID-19
Updates and activities from the UCD community, maintained by UCD Research and Innovation.
Because of the pandemic, JSTOR has extended free access to their complete archive collection until 30 June 2023.
Click here for access.
Creative Commons license
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
- Last Updated: Aug 18, 2022 6:03 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/covid19updates
- Print Page