Development Studies Collection: Introduction
The UCD Development Studies collection contains information on the following subjects:
- Developing countries with an emphasis on Africa
- Human rights
- Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
- Politics and governance
- Poverty and hunger
- Rural and urban development
- War, civil war and genocide
- Women and children
UCD students and staff can use the Development Studies Library and borrow its material by accessing the James Joyce Library building using their student or staff cards.
This library is freely open to any member of the development community or the public who wish to use it. No university affiliation is necessary to apply for an access card.
To obtain an access card if you do not have a UCD card, simply contact us by one of the following methods and tell us your name, address and contact information:
- Contact Client Services by e-mail to email@example.com
- Write to: Development Studies Library, Level 3, James Joyce Library, UCD, Belfield, Dublin 4.
Reports and Publications
Our collection includes reports and publications from various Irish and international NGOs and institutions including:
- European Union
- International Monetary Fund
- Irish Aid
- Irish Development Education Association (IDEA)
- Kimmage Development Studies Centre
- United Nations
- World Bank
Searching for Development Studies Resources
Most of the books and print journal titles in our collection can be searched through OneSearch resource discovery service.
They will list alongside relevant titles in other parts of our collection, and can easily be seen in the details provided, as in this example:
Some theses, books and pamphlets are not searchable through the catalogue.
Please contact the Client Services team for help.
- Last Updated: Aug 27, 2019 1:45 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/devstudies
- Print Page