Bibliometrics & Responsible Research Evaluation: Updating your Scopus Author Profile
Updating your Scopus Author Profile - Step 1
The Scopus database automatically assigns an ID profile to authors to help identify and link their publications. If you have several name variants or you have changed affiliation, your publications may be spread over a number of different author profiles and you will need to correct this so your author metrics are tracked correctly, and included in UCD's institutional output.
Check your profile regularly, to ensure your author details are correct and any relevant publications are correctly attributed to you. This is especially important if you have changed affiliation recently. You can update and edit your profile, and add UCD as your current affiliation, via the Scopus Author Feedback Wizard.
Always double check that any changes you make are accurate and only make corrections to your own profile.
Scopus Help Guides
Step 1 - Check your profile:
Search for your Scopus author profile via the Scopus Author Search.
On your profile page:
- Check your author details are correct, and that UCD is listed as your current affiliation
- Check all of the publications listed on your profile should be attributed to you
- Check there are no relevant publications missing. Note: only publications that are covered by/indexed by Scopus will be listed. You cannot manually add other publications that are not part of the Scopus database.
Updating your Scopus Author Profile - Step 2
Step 2 - Correct & Submit Changes
If you need to make any changes, click the "Edit profile" link at the top of your profile page.
You will first need to sign in (or create an account if you don't have one already) before you can make any changes. Then you will be able to:
- Set your preferred name
- Merge Profiles
- Add and remove documents
- Update your affiliation - ensure you choose University College Dublin as your current affiliation
Merging Multiple Profiles
If there are multiple author profiles that belong to you, you can also request to merge these. However, it is essential that you check the details and publications associated with each of the individual profiles first to make fully sure they should be attributed to you and not another researcher with the same name.
- Select the checkbox beside the relevant profiles via the search results page
- Then click on the "Request to merge authors" link above the results list.