Celtic Tiger Collection: The Collection
UCD Library holds a collection of books and DVDs relating to the emergence of the Irish economic boom (or the Celtic Tiger era in Ireland), its subsequent collapse and the continuing aftermath from the mid 1990s to the present.
Materials must be read in the UCD Special Collections reading room in the James Joyce Library.
To consult an item in this collection, please ask at the Level 1 Information Desk in the James Joyce Library.
Additional copies of some titles are also available in the General Collection.
This collection currently holds over 200 items and will continue to grow as new material is published. It features books and DVDs covering the Celtic Tiger era and its aftermath and the major personalities associated with it. These include:
- Economic warnings from David McWilliams, Kieran Allen and Peadar Kirby.
- Analysis of the post boom years by commentators like Fintan O’Toole, Marc Coleman, Anthony Sweeney and Matt Cooper.
- Memoirs from central personalities of the era such as Bertie Ahern, Albert Reynolds and Ruairi Quinn.
- Novels capturing the times by Roddy Doyle, Chris Binchy, Kevin Power and Alan Glynn
The collection covers the following subjects
- Current affairs
- Popular culture
Materials must be read in Special Collections reading room located in the James Joyce Library.
Searching the Celtic Tiger Collection
Check OneSearch to find material in the Celtic Tiger Collection.
Limit your results in the left panel to Library Catalogue.
"Celtic Tiger Collection" is indicated in the availability information provided for each title in your result set - you will likely retrieve material from the general collection as well. Here is an example listing:
- Last Updated: Aug 2, 2019 3:12 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/celtictiger
- Print Page