Learning Enhancement Project
Looking Through the Green Lens (Grow Your Green Idea) - main prize €700
We know you care about the planet but can anyone hear your voice? Would you like to make a real difference to our environment but you’re not sure where to begin? UCD Library is offering students an opportunity to take part in a unique digital communications workshop - and the chance to win a substantial prize.
How do I take part?
Using ‘Go Green’ in the subject line and in less than 100 words, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the shoots of your green idea, environmental observation, or climate change bugbear - including your name, email address, student number, and school.
The deadline for signing up is 5 pm on Monday, 1st March and you need to be able to attend our online workshop on March 8th, from 10 am to 1 pm. There will be a follow-up workshop on Monday 15th March.
Our Creativity and Digital Skills workshop, delivered by media agency Army of Id will show you how:
- to magnify your message using digital technology
- to interpret a creative brief, brainstorming to develop the best idea possible
- to deliver a compelling and professional digital campaign
Using the environmental crisis as the starting point, participants will form small creative teams to brainstorm and develop ideas that will inspire their peers to take meaningful action and become more conscious about the issues facing our planet.
To compete for a cash prize, participants will be invited to transform their idea into a 1-2 minute video or digital artifact. Two follow-up sessions will be provided to support participants as they take their concept forward.
Why should I take part?
- It’s easy. Share your green thoughts and automatically qualify to attend our online workshop
- Win great prizes! We have €1300 in cash prizes up for grabs. An overall prize of €700 to the team who blows our socks off, and 2 runners-up team prizes of €300 to those who demonstrate they’re well on the way to green greatness.
- You’ll learn to develop skills that employers look for, including teamwork, communication, critical thinking, and creativity.
- UCD Library will look to showcase the best work on a social media campaign. The best entries will also feature at an exhibition located in various UCD Library locations.
- Achieve the UCD Advantage Award! Participation in this competition can be used as one of your activities in your UCD Advantage Award application. Find out more here: https://www.ucd.ie/careers/advantage/
- And most importantly - you can make a difference! Participating allows you to make a real contribution towards solving some of the environmental challenges facing the planet and bring about positive change.
Competition Terms & Conditions
- Open only to registered UCD students
- Individuals must submit an idea, observation, or bugbear to qualify for the online workshop
- To foster an environment that encourages cross-discipline participation, teams will be formed at the workshop stage.
- Round one entries must be received by email on or before 5 pm on Monday, 1st March.
- Attendance at a half-day online workshop on Monday, 8th March is mandatory
- A member of each team must be available to attend a follow-up session
- Final submissions should be no longer than 1-2 minutes (if applicable) and should reach us no later than 5 pm on Friday, 26th March.
- This project is funded by the National Forum for the Enhancement for Teaching and Learning
- Supported locally by UCD Teaching and Learning
- Last Updated: Feb 19, 2021 10:48 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/green
- Print Page