- Student Guides
- Books and eBooks
Physics: Books and eBooks
Finding Books using OneSearch
Short Loan & 4-Hour Collections
Short Loan Collection
The Short Loan Collection (SLC) contains multiple copies of books in demand, or on reading lists and can be borrowed for 7 days.
The 4-Hour Loan collection contains items that are in very high demand at certain times of the year. You can borrow and take these books anywhere in the Library, but they cannot be taken out of the Library building.
Books and eBooks are listed in OneSearch, our resource discovery service. Useful titles available via UCD Library include:
- Ebook Central (Proquest) This link opens in a new windowAn extensive multidisciplinary collection of online resources covering life, health, social and physical sciences, and humanities. UCD Library purchases select ebooks to support teaching, learning and research.
- Springer eBook collection: mathematics and statistics This link opens in a new windowAccess to approximately 1500 of Springer's ebook titles in the field of mathematics and statistics. Includes English language titles with copyright years between 2005 - 2010.
- Wiley Online Library This link opens in a new windowAn extensive multidisciplinary collection of online resources covering life, health, social and physical sciences, and humanities.
- IEEE Xplore This link opens in a new windowIEEE Xplore is an online delivery system providing full text access to the world's highest quality technical literature in electrical engineering, computer science, and electronics. The IEEE/IEE Electronic Library (IEL) provides a single source of almost a third of the world's current electrical engineering and computer science literature. Access is given to journals, conference proceedings and standards from the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and the Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEEE).
Reference items are helpful for finding background information; definitions and spelling; facts and figures; translations; statistics and topical overviews of subjects. Reference books can be found both in print and online. See here for further information.
Useful online reference material for this subject include:
- Oxford Reference Online (OUP) This link opens in a new windowOxford Reference Online consists of a wealth of facts, figures, definitions, and translations found in dictionary, language reference, and subject reference works published by Oxford University Press.
- Weisstein's World of PhysicsContains budding encyclopedias of astronomy, scientific biography, chemistry, and physics.
Where in the Library?
Most print material related to Physics is held on level 4 of the James Joyce Library.
- Last Updated: Mar 10, 2023 9:23 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/physics
- Print Page