Creating a Podcast: Introduction
The National Folklore Collection UCD introduced its Blúiríní Béaloidis podcast in April 2017. To date is has enjoyed over 50,000 plays and has 550+ followers from around the world.
This LibGuide aims to provide an introductory overview of the practical steps required for the creation of a podcast.
Although using a cultural podcast as a base case study, the considerations outlined will be applicable to all formats. It is intended to guide the reader through the creation process from initial research, planning, recording, and editing, to final distribution, promotion, and evaluation.
Cnuasach Bhéaloideas Éireann / National Folklore Collection
F001-F015 Newman Building
University College Dublin
Belfield, Dublin 4.
Tel: 01 716 8216 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jonny Dillon email@example.com
The National Folklore Collection Podcast
- Creating a Cultural PodcastThis PowerPoint presentation was delivered in March 2019, by Claire Doohan and Jonny Dillon of the National Folklore Collection
- Key Questions for Planning Your Podcast
- Tips on Format and Researching Your Topic
- Recording Your Podcast
- Post Production
- Promotion and Evaluation
- Further Support and Resources
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
- Last Updated: Mar 1, 2023 11:36 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/podcast
- Print Page