- Student Guides
- Public Health
- Books and eBooks
Public Health: Books and eBooks
Finding Books using OneSearch
Short Loan & 4-Hour Collections
Short Loan Collection
The Short Loan Collection (SLC) contains multiple copies of books in demand, or on reading lists and can be borrowed for 7 days.
The 4-Hour Loan collection contains items that are in very high demand at certain times of the year. You can borrow and take these books anywhere in the Library, but they cannot be taken out of the Library building.
Books and eBooks are listed in OneSearch, our resource discovery service. Useful titles available via UCD Library include:
- Books@Ovid This link opens in a new windowCollection of medical, nursing, and pharmacy texts from a variety of publishers. UCD Library has purchased individual titles to support teaching, learning and research.
- Ebook Central (Proquest) This link opens in a new windowAn extensive multidisciplinary collection of online resources covering life, health, social and physical sciences, and humanities. UCD Library purchases select ebooks to support teaching, learning and research.
- EnviroNetBase ebooks (CRC Press) This link opens in a new windowComplete with the latest research on pollution reduction, emissions, and environmental contamination, this e-book collection provides complete access to references on methods for site assessment, remediation, and soil and water quality monitoring. The Environmental Science Collection describes new tools and technologies for remote sensing, GIS, and photogrammetric environmental monitoring. UCD has access to several hundred titles.
- OECD iLibrary contains all the publications and datasets released by OECD (Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development), International Energy Agency (IEA), Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA), OECD Development Centre, PISA (Programme for International Student Assessment), and International Transport Forum (ITF) since 1998. Formerly SourceOECD, the platform comprises 20 Book collections by theme, containing all OECD monographs and reports; 24 periodicals; a reference title; and the OECD statistical databases.
- Transition ReportsReports on developments in central and eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and analysis of the transition to market economies and macroeconomic performance.
Reference items are helpful for finding background information; definitions and spelling; facts and figures; translations; statistics and topical overviews of subjects. Reference books can be found both in print and online. See here for further information
Useful online reference material for this subject include:
- Encyclopedia of Biostatistics (Wiley) This link opens in a new windowThe Encyclopedia of Biostatistics, 2nd Edition is the definitive reference to support the development and use of statistical methods for addressing the problems and critical issues that confront scientists, practitioners and policy makers engaged in the life and medical sciences.
- ErgonomicsNetBase ebooks (CRC Press) This link opens in a new windowUCD has purchased several hundred titles in the field of Ergonomics.
- Oxford Reference Online (OUP) This link opens in a new windowOxford Reference Online consists of a wealth of facts, figures, definitions, and translations found in dictionary, language reference, and subject reference works published by Oxford University Press.
Where in the Library?
- Last Updated: Feb 2, 2023 12:23 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/publichealth
- Print Page