- Student Guides
- Earth Sciences
- Books and eBooks
Earth Sciences: Books and eBooks
Finding Books using OneSearch
Short Loan & 4-Hour Collections
Short Loan Collection
The Short Loan Collection (SLC) contains multiple copies of books in demand, or on reading lists and can be borrowed for 7 days.
The 4-Hour Loan collection contains items that are in very high demand at certain times of the year. You can borrow and take these books anywhere in the Library, but they cannot be taken out of the Library building.
Books and eBooks are listed in OneSearch, our resource discovery service. Useful titles available via UCD Library include:
- Ebook Central (Proquest) This link opens in a new windowAn extensive multidisciplinary collection of online resources covering life, health, social and physical sciences, and humanities. UCD Library purchases select ebooks to support teaching, learning and research.
Reference items are helpful for finding background information; definitions and spelling; facts and figures; translations; statistics and topical overviews of subjects. Reference books can be found both in print and online. See here for further information.
Useful online reference material for this subject include:
- Oxford Reference Online (OUP) This link opens in a new windowOxford Reference Online consists of a wealth of facts, figures, definitions, and translations found in dictionary, language reference, and subject reference works published by Oxford University Press.
Where in the Library?
Most print material related to Geological Sciences is held on level 4 of the James Joyce Library. Civil Engineering books can be found on Level 3 of the James Joyce Library.
- Books and eBooks
- Journal Articles and Databases
- Key Websites
- Datasets and Statistics
- Citing Information and Avoiding Plagiarism
Creative Commons license
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
- Last Updated: Mar 10, 2023 9:23 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/geology
- Print Page