- Student Guides
- Key Websites
Medicine: Key Websites
Evaluating Information on the Web
Key Websites for Your Subject
- Medical CouncilThe Medical Council regulates medical doctors in the Republic of Ireland. It promotes and ensures high standards of professional conduct and professional education, training and competence among doctors.
- IMO - Irish Medical OrganisationThe role of the IMO is to represent doctors in Ireland and to provide them with all relevant services.
- Health Research BoardThe Health Research Board is the lead agency in Ireland supporting and funding health research.
- NICE - National Institute for Health and Care ExcellenceProvides national (UK) guidance and advice to improve health and social care.
- The Health WellAn all-island (Ireland and Northern Ireland) health information website that promotes health and well being by supporting evidence-informed decision making.
- CEBM - Centre for Evidence-Based MedicineThe CEBM is located within the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences at the University of Oxford. This website contains details of learning resources available from the Centre and collaborative departments.
- LENUS - The Irish Health RepositoryFreely available Irish health research outputs.
- MedscapeMedscape from WebMD offers specialists, primary care physicians, and other health professionals the Web's most robust and integrated medical information and educational tools.
Covid-19 Researcher and Clinician Resources (Journal Articles and Texbooks)
AIP Publishing free to read articles on infectious diseases, epidemics, computational epidemiology, and pandemics.
American Association for the Advancement of Science
American Society of Clinical Oncology
American Society of Nephrology
American Society for Microbiology
ASTM Standards is providing no-cost public access to standards used in the production/testing of PPE to combat Covid-19.
Cambridge University Press Covid-19 resources and information. Also free access to coronavirus research on Cambridge Core (more than 80 relevant book chapters and journal articles).
CEN and CENELEC make European Standards available to help prevent the Covid-19 contagion.
Chemistry World - all Coronavirus articles.
Digital Science Dimensions COVID-19 publications, data sets, clinical trials - updated daily (Google Sheet), (Excel) (Dimensions)
EBSCO Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Healthcare Resource Center
Emerald Publishing free content to related to Coronavirus and the management of epidemics.
HSE Library links to resources.
New England Journal of Medicine
NHS Knowledge for Healthcare trusted links to information on Covid-19
Nursing Standard COVID-19 free resources
OUP resources on coronavirus and related topics.
Ovid's COVID-19 toolkit for clinicians.
Royal Society of Chemistry Coronavirus articles - free to access collection
Sage Publishing Medical Research related to Covid-19
Sage Publishing a curated collection of both medical and social and behavioral science related to the virus and more broadly on managing pandemics
Springer Nature's central resource hub
Taylor and Francis Group - COVID-19: Novel Coronavirus Content (Free to Access)
World Health Organisation global research on coronavirus disease (Covid-19)
Wolters Kluwer COVID-19 resources and tools
Web of Science have compiled an array of Clarivate resources on Covid-19
Wellcome sharing research data and findings relevant to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
Crawford et al. 1-Apr-2020 COVID-19: 20 Countries' Higher Education Intra-Period Digital Pedagogy Responses. Journal of Applied Teaching and Learning (JALT) 3,1. DOI:10.37074/jalt.2020.3.1.7
- Last Updated: Feb 2, 2023 12:23 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/medicine
- Print Page