Newspapers at UCD and on the Web: Overview
Finding Historical Newspapers
Popular Newspaper Databases
The Library holds regional, national and international newspapers in electronic, print and microform format.
The majority of our holdings are in electronic format and cover both contemporary and historical titles.
See some of our popular titles below.
We have an extensive collection of regional, national and international newspapers available online through our online resource discovery platform. Our online collections comprise both digital newspaper archives and full-text newspaper article databases, each with powerful search capabilities.
We have a small collection of print newspapers in all our libraries. The biggest collection is in James Joyce Library and can be browsed near the entrance to Link 2, The Writing Support Centre on Level 1.
Search for Online and Printed Newspapers
- Use OneSearch to find newspapers
- Key in the title or newspaper service of interest whether print or online e.g, Irish Times, Nexis, Irish Newspapers Archive, Dundalk Democrat
- To view just print holdings select Newspaper (not newspaper article) AND Journal/eJournal from the left Refine Your Search panel - only one may be offered to you
- To view just online holdings select Database
- Last Updated: Oct 16, 2020 11:19 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/newspapers
- Print Page