Welcome New Students: How to Find What You Need
Using the Library
- how to gain admission to our libraries
- how to borrow books and manage your loans
- how to use our self-service machines
- the different services available from the libraries
- how to book group study rooms online and where to find them
- about our research services for postgraduates and our cultural heritage collections.
Want to get started on your reading? Go to OneSearch and get instant access to our books, ebooks, journals, and more.
Alternatively, look at the selection of classes available to help in your course work.
Start off with our "Finding and Borrowing Books on your Reading List" video shown below.
The key to getting the best out of our resources is knowing how to search both our print and online collections. The following pages will help you do this:
How to find journals
How to search databases
How to access our resources off campus.
You can also view our video tutorials explaining how to find books, e-journals and items from your reading lists on our YouTube channel.
When it comes to study spaces, we have over 3000 for groups and individuals across our five sites. The Library Hub, a high-quality learning space located on Level 1 of the James Joyce Library, provides wired spaces for laptop use and individual work spaces. It also provides extra much needed group and collaborative workspaces for our users. You can use any of our libraries with your library card.
- Last Updated: Feb 8, 2018 2:50 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/newstudents
- Print Page