- Student Guides
- Social Policy and Social Work
- Government & EU Information
Social Policy and Social Work: Government & EU Information
Information about books, journals, databases and other useful social policy and social work resources.
What are Official Publications?
UCD Library provides access to a range of official publications. These are documents and reports produced and published by official bodies, such as governments, national institutions and regional and international organisations
- Catalogue of Health and Social Care Information Sources in IrelandPrepared by HIQA, this resource provides up-to-date information on all the major national health data collections, including patient registries. A summary was also provided of important secondary uses of data such as Health Atlas key national surveys such as Slán and TILDA.
- Central Statistics OfficeHosts databases including StatBank; Census of Population, Agriculture and several other public sector areas.
Includes statistical databases from International Organizations such as Eurostat, ECB, OECD, UNECE, UNSC, & IMF.
- Irish Government WebsiteWebsite, maintained by the Irish Government, which contains information and links relating to the Irish State
- OECD iLibrary contains all the publications and datasets released by OECD (Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development), International Energy Agency (IEA), Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA), OECD Development Centre, PISA (Programme for International Student Assessment), and International Transport Forum (ITF) since 1998. Formerly SourceOECD, the platform comprises 20 Book collections by theme, containing all OECD monographs and reports; 24 periodicals; a reference title; and the OECD statistical databases.
- World Development Indicators Online This link opens in a new windowWorld Development Indicators Online, published by the World Bank, is a comprehensive database of development information covering more than 575 indicators, 225 countries, and 18 regional and income groups. The extensive collection includes data on population, income, social, economic, financial, natural resources and environmental indicators from 1960 onwards.
Offical Publications and the European Documentation Centre (EDC)
This Collection is held on Level 4 of the James Joyce Library. A retrieval service operates during service hours. Call to the Information Desk on Level 2 to submit a request.
The collection contains material from the Irish, British and US governments; European Union (EU); International Labour Organization (ILO); International Monetary Fund (IMF); OECD, United Nations (UN);UNESCO and World Bank
See here for further information.
- Last Updated: Feb 2, 2023 12:23 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/appliedsocsci
- Print Page
Subjects: Social Policy and Social Work, Social Work, Subject Guide
Tags: social policy, social work