Social Policy and Social Work: Key Websites
Information about books, journals, databases and other useful social policy and social work resources.
Evaluating Information on the Web
Key Websites for Social Policy and Social Work
- Child Protection HubThe Child Protection Hub is an interactive platform for professionals involved in child protection in 9 European countries. The website brings together resources for quick learning, such as podcasts, videos, webinars, resources for trainers and different materials for independent learning.
- DCC Housing Monitoring ToolThe Housing Monitoring System is based on the set of all housing Census variables in Ireland. The project originated on behalf of Dublin City Council Housing and Residential services between the Dublin Region Homeless Executive (DRHE) and the All-Island Research Observatory (AIRO) based in Maynooth University.
- Drugs.ieAims to help individuals, families and communities prevent and/or address problems arising from drug and alcohol use in Ireland.
- Health Research Board National Drugs LibraryAn information resource for researchers, policy makers, and people working in the areas of drug or alcohol use and addiction, or related fields
- Irish Association of Social WorkersIncludes relevant policy and legislation, IASW documentation and reports.
- LENUS - The Irish Health RepositoryFreely available Irish health research outputs.
- Mental Health CommissionPromotes, encourages and fosters high standards and good practices in the delivery of mental health services in Ireland.
- NICE PathwaysNICE is the U.K.'s National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. NICE Pathways is an interactive tool for health and social care professionals providing fast access to NICE guidance and associated resources
- Research in PracticeResearch in Practice was established in 1996 by the Dartington Hall Trust, a charity supporting innovation and learning in social justice in the U.K. Its website includes resources to support evidence-informed practice with children and families, as well as research tips and advice.
- Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE)The SCIE is an independent charity working with adults, families and children's social care and social work services across the UK. Includes the Social Care Online database, practice guidelines, elearning materials, briefings on developing research and more.
- Tusla Research CentreTusla is the Irish government's Child and Family Agency. Their electronic research centre offers a wide range of social care resources, content and tools to enable research and information-based decision making.
- Last Updated: Feb 2, 2023 12:23 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/appliedsocsci
- Print Page
Subjects: Social Policy and Social Work, Social Work, Subject Guide
Tags: social policy, social work