- Student Guides
- Datasets & Statistics
Economics: Datasets & Statistics
Information about books, journals, databases, official publications and other useful economics resources.
- Central Statistics OfficeHosts databases including StatBank; Census of Population, Agriculture and several other public sector areas.
Includes statistical databases from International Organizations such as Eurostat, ECB, OECD, UNECE, UNSC, & IMF.
- Department of FinanceIncludes guidelines, reports, statistical information, financial statements and the Department's monthly Economic Bulletin.
- Central Bank of IrelandIncludes regular research bulletins, forecasts and other Irish and Euro area statistics.
- Irish Social Science Data Archive (ISSDA)Surveys included are Growing up in Ireland; Opinion Poll data; Cross National Comparative Data, Social and Political Attitudes Survey, NCPP Employee Attitudes Survey, Irish National Election Study, Ageism and Ageing, Eurostudent and Attitudes to Disability
- ESRI (Economic & Social Research Institute)A leading European research centre in the social sciences focusing on economic and social change in Ireland
- European Central Bank StatisticsCovers the Eurozone and compiles money, banking and financial market statistics
- EurostatThe Statistical Office of the European Union. Provides high-quality statistical information on the EU Member States Includes information on Eurostat printed and electronic publications Data is charged for but some key indicator snapshots are free to view.
- SHARE (Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe)Database of micro-data on health, socio-economic status and social and family networks of individuals aged 50+. Data contributed by 11 countries in 2004: Denmark, Sweden, Austria, France, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Spain, Italy and Greece Further data collected 2005-06 for Israel. The Czech Republic; Poland & Ireland joined SHARE in 2006.
- Transition ReportsReports on developments in central and eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and analysis of the transition to market economies and macroeconomic performance.
- UK Data Archive (UKDA)Contains the largest collection of digital data in the Social Sciences and Humanities in the U.K.
- World Development Indicators Online This link opens in a new windowWorld Development Indicators Online, published by the World Bank, is a comprehensive database of development information covering more than 575 indicators, 225 countries, and 18 regional and income groups. The extensive collection includes data on population, income, social, economic, financial, natural resources and environmental indicators from 1960 onwards.
- OECD iLibrary contains all the publications and datasets released by OECD (Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development), International Energy Agency (IEA), Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA), OECD Development Centre, PISA (Programme for International Student Assessment), and International Transport Forum (ITF) since 1998. Formerly SourceOECD, the platform comprises 20 Book collections by theme, containing all OECD monographs and reports; 24 periodicals; a reference title; and the OECD statistical databases.
- International Statistical AgencyCompiled by the US Department of Labor. Useful starting point for finding further data on specific countries.
- IMF Statistical DatabasesAccess to the following International Monetary Fund titles: International Financial Statistics, Direction of Trade Statistics and Balance of Payments Statistics.
- ICPSREstablished in 1962, the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research maintains and provides access to a vast archive of social science data for research and instruction. On campus access only.
- FedStatsActs as a portal to the full range of US Government statistical information provided by over 100 US agencies. Topics include economic and population trends, crime, education, health care, aviation safety, energy use, farm production and more.
- Global Economic MonitorAa portal for analysis of current economic trends, and economic and financial indicators. It features up-to-date analysis on global economic conditions with daily briefs, datasets via Quick Query, commodity prices and main macroeconomic indicators for over 130 countries.
- Global Forecasting UnitFrom the Economist Intelligence Unit, a market-leading forecasting tool for the world economy. It predicts and explains the key issues and trends in important developed and emerging markets, spelling out their implications for business and the world economy over the next five years.
UCD IT Services provide access for students to a range of data analysis software packages, including NVivo, SPSS and Stata. These can be downloaded or accessed through the UCD Connect page - selecting the Software Download option for NVivo. Stata and SPSS are available via AppsAnywhere.
A full listing of the applications available and instructions for downloading can be found here.
Please contact IT Services for more information (https://fujitsuireland.service-now.com/itucd)
- Where to Start
- Books & eBooks
- Journal Articles & Databases
- Key Websites
- Government & EU Information
- Datasets & Statistics
- Citing Information & Avoiding Plagiarism
Creative Commons license
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
- Last Updated: Feb 7, 2023 12:49 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/economics
- Print Page
Subjects: Economics, Subject Guide