Support for E-Resources: Access Resources Off-Campus
Accessing Electronic Resources Off-Campus
Details for gaining access to electronic resources when off campus:
- Select Online Tools from the home page floating action bar and choose OneSearch, eJournals or Databases
- In all cases, eventually you will be prompted to provide login details - enter your UCD Connect account details
- You should then be able to access all materials available to you as a current UCD staff, student or faculty member
- UCD Connect launch page and select OneSearch from the menu of contents
- For other online search options click on Library in the blue bar and select OneSearch, eJournals or Databases from the page offered to you.
- Enter your UCD Connect account details whenever you are prompted to log in
What you can do next...
- If you have any difficulties please fill out the E-Resources Support form
EZProxy bookmarklet is a remote access service which enables access to most library resources for valid UCD members.
When on a publisher’s journal or database page, such as an article that you have discovered through a Google Scholar search, click on the "UCD EZproxy" bookmarklet in your browser's toolbar. When prompted, log in by entering your UCD Connect username and password and click Login.
To install the bookmarklet:
- In IE: right click on this UCD EZproxy bookmarklet link and select "Add to Favourites"
- In Firefox: click on this UCD EZproxy bookmarklet link to your bookmarks toolbar or right click on the link and select "Bookmark This Link"
- In Safari or Google Chrome for an Apple Mac: click and drag this UCD EZproxy bookmarklet link to your bookmarks bar
In Google Chrome for a Windows PC:
1. Go to the menu on the right of the Chrome browser
2. Select "Bookmarks" and then "Bookmark Manager"
3. Right click under the "Organise" heading and select "Add Page"
5. The bookmarklet will now appear on your browser and it is ready to use.
- Last Updated: Aug 22, 2019 11:56 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/offcampus
- Print Page