Research Data Management: UCD Library's Suite of Resources
How we can help you:
Good data management is widely accepted as part of good research practice and is a requirement of major funders including Horizon 2020, the Health Research Board (HRB), Irish Research Council (IRC) and Science Foundation Ireland (SFI). Well managed data will:
- Increase research efficiency
- Minimise the risk of data loss
- Ensure research integrity and validation of results
- Aid reusability of datasets
- Ensure compliance with a funding agency’s requirements
UCD Library is committed to supporting it's research community through guidance, training and support throughout the research data lifecycle:
- Guidance is provided via our suite of LibGuides and Information Sheets
- Visit the Library website to book a training workshop or get in contact about organising a bespoke workshop
- UCD Library’s Data Manager can review your DMPs and can answer individual queries over email or in person. Contact us to book a consultation.
- Research Data Management LibGuideBringing together University resources and services to facilitate researchers in the production of high quality data.
- FAIR Data LibGuideThe FAIR Data Principles are a set of community developed guiding principles for making data Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable.
Build Your Research Skills @ UCD Library
This semester, UCD Library Research Services is running in-person presentations and workshops on a range of practical topics to help support your research. Click on the image above for the full list of events available to book.
UCD Library Research Toolkit for Graduate and PhD Students
In addition to Build Your Research Skills an online 6-week lunchtime seminar programme UCD Library Research Toolkit will cover topics including Finding and Using Information, Academic Digital Identity + Social Media, Open Scholarship, Data Management Planning, an Introduction to GIS, and an Introduction to Searching for Systematic Reviews
Click on the image above to book & attend any of these Library events
UCD Library Data Management Checklist [Nov 2021]Definitions, points to consider, UCD policies, procedures & resources, UCD guidance, along with suggested text, tailored specifically for UCD researchers.
- Addressing the FAIR Data Principles in a Data Management Plan [Information Sheet]Information sheet about the steps required to make your data FAIR
- UCD Library Data Management Checklist (Students) [Information Sheet]Use this template as a guide to help you develop a research data management plan for your student research project.
- Where to Submit Data [Information Sheet]This information sheet is aimed at researchers who want to share or submit their research data to a repository. It has been compiled by the CONUL Research Group.