- Student Guides
- Datasets & Statistics
Education: Datasets & Statistics
Information about books, journals, databases and other useful education resources.
UCD IT Services provide access for students to a range of data analysis software packages, including NVivo, SPSS and Stata. These can be downloaded or accessed through the UCD Connect page - selecting the Software Download option for NVivo. Stata and SPSS are available via AppsAnywhere.
A full listing of the applications available and instructions for downloading can be found here.
Please contact IT Services for more information (https://fujitsuireland.service-now.com/itucd)
- Department of Education StatisticsIncludes links to key national and international statistical reports, as well as the CSO Education Statistics database.
- Central Statistics OfficeHosts databases including StatBank; Census of Population, Agriculture and several other public sector areas.
Includes statistical databases from International Organizations such as Eurostat, ECB, OECD, UNECE, UNSC, & IMF.
- Irish Qualitative Data Archive (IQDA)A central access point for qualitative data about or generated in Ireland. Also provides helpful resources for researchers preparing to deposit qualitative data, and conducting secondary analysis on qualitative data
- Statistics on International Students in IrelandCollates datasets from a variety of sources including the HEA, UNESCO and Education in Ireland
- Irish Social Science Data Archive (ISSDA)Surveys included are Growing up in Ireland; Opinion Poll data; Cross National Comparative Data, Social and Political Attitudes Survey, NCPP Employee Attitudes Survey, Irish National Election Study, Ageism and Ageing, Eurostudent and Attitudes to Disability
- EurostatThe Statistical Office of the European Union. Provides high-quality statistical information on the EU Member States Includes information on Eurostat printed and electronic publications Data is charged for but some key indicator snapshots are free to view.
- EurydiceThe Eurydice Network provides information on and analyses of European education systems and policies, key data series, and reference material relating to education.
- UK Department of Education StatisticsPulls together new and current research and evaluation projects, research centres, publications and data from a range of sites, including Ofsted Survey Reports and the National pupil database.
- ESRI (Economic & Social Research Institute)A leading European research centre in the social sciences focusing on economic and social change in Ireland
- OECD iLibrary contains all the publications and datasets released by OECD (Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development), International Energy Agency (IEA), Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA), OECD Development Centre, PISA (Programme for International Student Assessment), and International Transport Forum (ITF) since 1998. Formerly SourceOECD, the platform comprises 20 Book collections by theme, containing all OECD monographs and reports; 24 periodicals; a reference title; and the OECD statistical databases.
- United Nations Statistics DivisionProvides access to a wide range of official statistical outputs and services. A limited amount of data is available free of charge e.g. summaries of world population, health, education, employment, and other social indicators.
- UNESCO Institute for StatisticsProfiles and global datasets on the subjects of education, literacy, culture and communication, and science and technology, plus reports generated from these resources
- Where to Start
- Books & eBooks
- Journal Articles & Databases
- Key Websites
- Government & EU Information
- Datasets & Statistics
- Citing Information & Avoiding Plagiarism
Creative Commons license
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
- Last Updated: Feb 2, 2023 4:15 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/education
- Print Page
Subjects: Education, Subject Guide