Information & Communication Studies: Datasets & Statistics
UCD IT Services provide access for students to a range of data analysis software packages, including NVivo, SPSS and Stata. These can be downloaded or accessed through the UCD Connect page - selecting the Software Download option for NVivo. Stata and SPSS are available via AppsAnywhere.
A full listing of the applications available and instructions for downloading can be found here.
Please contact IT Services for more information (https://fujitsuireland.service-now.com/itucd)
Finding Data Tutorial
As a student you are probably using research data for assignments in which your findings are based on evidence you have gathered. Use this tutorial to help you understand the types of data available for reuse, where to find these data and how to use them in your own research.
At the end of this 10-minute tutorial, you will be able to:
- Identify what data are and how they can be used for research.
- Understand the process of collecting data.
- Understand best practice in re-using data.
- Identify reliable sources of data for your assignments and research.
- Last Updated: Aug 24, 2023 3:20 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/informationandlibrarystudies
- Print Page