Information & Communication Studies: Newspapers
Information about books, journals, databases, offical publications and other useful information and communication studies resources.
Newspapers are very useful for identifying key trends, reviewing analysis of specific issues and tracing original research. They also provide a wealth of primary source material for scholarly research in many subject areas. UCD Library holds an extensive range of regional, national and international newspapers.
Further information on our Newspaper collections can be found here.
Newspaper Collections for Information & Communication Studies
Useful Newspaper resources for information & communication studies include:
- 19th Century British Library Newspapers Part 1 (Gale) This link opens in a new windowA collection of national and regional newspapers, as well as newspapers from: established country or university towns; the industrial powerhouses of the manufacturing Midlands; and Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Newspapers that helped lead particular political or social movements such as Reform, Chartism, and Home Rule are also included, in addition to Penny papers aimed at the working and clerical classes.
- Irish Newspapers Archives This link opens in a new windowDigital archive of over six million Irish national, regional and historical newspapers.
- Irish Times (1995 - ) (Proquest) This link opens in a new windowA full-text newspaper article database containing articles published in the Irish Times from 1995 to present. Full-text articles only, excludes images.
- Irish Times (1859-2020) (ProQuest Historical Newspapers) This link opens in a new windowContains the Irish Times Digital Archive - a fully searchable archive which includes every page published since the newspapers foundation in 1859. Coverage: 1859-2020.
- Nexis Advance UK This link opens in a new windowNexis Advance UK provides full text access to regional, national and international newspapers, business trade journals, company reports and country reports.
- Where to Start
- Books & eBooks
- Journal Articles & Databases
- Key Websites
- Government & EU Information
- Datasets & Statistics
- Citing Information & Avoiding Plagiarism
Creative Commons license
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
- Last Updated: Feb 28, 2023 2:42 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/informationandlibrarystudies
- Print Page