- Student Guides
- Information & Communication Studies
- Journal Articles & Databases
Information & Communication Studies: Journal Articles & Databases
Full Lists of Databases and eJournals
Follow these links and pick a subject to see a longer listing for your subject:
Pick your subject for a full list of eJournals
What Is Peer Review?
Articles in peer reviewed journals have been assessed before publication by subject experts. This means they are the 'gold' standard in academic articles. You will be expected to use peer reviewed journal articles in your assignments.
Finding Articles on Reading Lists
Try this first
You can look up articles in OneSearch, our resource discovery service.
Put the exact title of the article in inverted commas.
If we can provide an instant link you will see the journal article displayed - click Full Text Online to access the text.
If we cannot provide a quick article link or it fails, then search for the name of the whole Journal instead of the article title e.g. "Journal of Common Market Studies"
For print-only journals you will be shown the location and shelfmark, so that you can locate the volume on the shelf
For electronic journals, click to link to the full journal and then navigate to the year, volume and issue that you want to see your article: or there may be an option to search for the article title provided by the online journal portal in which case key in the article in that box.
Key Databases for Information & Communication Studies
Databases allow you to search across a range of different journals, books and other publications for information on a specific topic. Databases contain peer-reviewed, scholarly material. Links to the full-text will be provided, where available, by UCD Library.
- Library Information Science & Technology Abstracts with Full Text This link opens in a new windowLibrary, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA) indexes more than 600 periodicals, plus books, research reports and proceedings. Subject coverage includes librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more. Coverage in the database extends back as far as the mid-1960s.
- LISA: Library and Information Science Abstracts (Proquest) This link opens in a new windowThis database currently abstracts and indexes over 440 periodicals from more than 68 countries and in more than 20 different languages. Subject coverage includes all aspects of librarianship, library users, information retrieval and more.
- Emerald Insight This link opens in a new windowElectronic access to ejournals covering the fields of business, management, economics, engineering, computing, technology and social sciences.
- Computer and Information Systems Abstracts (Proquest) This link opens in a new windowBibliographic coverage of serial, non-serial and hard to find conference literature in computer science and related fields.
JSTOR: Subject Searching for Articles
Watch a short tutorial on how to search for information on a subject in JSTOR:
If you you are having trouble viewing this video try this alternative link.
- Where to Start
- Books & eBooks
- Journal Articles & Databases
- Key Websites
- Government & EU Information
- Datasets & Statistics
- Citing Information & Avoiding Plagiarism
Creative Commons license
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
- Last Updated: Feb 28, 2023 2:42 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/informationandlibrarystudies
- Print Page