Academic Integrity - Referencing, Citation & Avoiding Plagiarism: Academic Writing & Exams
Writing & Exams
Writing is a skill that can be worked on and improved. At University it starts with listening, reading, note-taking, drafting, editing and finally submission. Use the links here to find out more.
- UCD Plagiarism PolicyFull UCD Plagiarism Policy from the Academic Secretariat.
- Originality Checker InformationIncludes description and instructions. Refer to your lecturer for any questions on the Originality Checker.
- EndNote Guide (online guide)An online guide from UCD Library all about the reference management software, EndNote.
- All UCD Library TutorialsA set of short online tutorials from UCD Library covering referencing in five styles, avoiding plagiarism, finding books, journals and many more.
- Academic Phrasebank University of ManchesterEndless lists of phases broken down into areas such as "introducing a topic," "being critical," "comparing and contrasting," "classifying and listing," and more.
About this guide
Guide Development Team
The Academic Integrity Guide was created by Jenny Collery, UCD Library, 2013. Nessa Collinge, Maolsheachlann O'Ceallaigh and Jenny all authored content.
This guide is available for re-use and re-purposing under a Creative Commons, BY NC SA license (see below). If you need support to re-use any materials, contact Jenny.
Questions about avoiding plagiarism, referencing or citation?
Contact your College Liaison Librarian or UCD Writing Centre. Alternatively, discuss with your module coordinator.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License