- Student Guides
- Politics & International Relations
- Development Studies
Politics & International Relations: Development Studies
Information about books, journals, databases, ofiffical publications and other useful politics resources (including development studies resources).
Where in the Library?
The Development Studies Library is held on Level 3 of the James Joyce Library
Don't restrict yourself to one subject. The following areas may be useful:
Geography & Planning
Key Resources for Development Studies
- AGRIS (FAO UN)A collaborative network of more than 150 institutions from 65 countries, maintained by FAO of the UN, promoting free access to agricultural information. AGRIS covers the wide range of subjects related to agriculture, including forestry, animal husbandry, aquatic sciences and fisheries, human nutrition, and extension. Content includes unique grey literature such as unpublished scientific and technical reports, theses, conference papers, government publications, and more.
- Customary International Humanitarian Law DatabasePart One offers a comprehensive analysis of the customary rules of IHL deemed applicable in international and non-international armed conflict. Part Two contains a summary of State practice relating to most aspects of IHL, as expressed in national legislation, military manuals, official statements, and case law, and the practice of entities such as international organizations and international courts and tribunals.
- EconLit (EBSCO) This link opens in a new windowThe American Economic Association's electronic bibliography, EconLit, indexes more than thirty years of economics literature from around the world. EconLit is a comprehensive index of journal articles, books, book reviews, collective volume articles, working papers and dissertations.
- Global Forecasting UnitFrom the Economist Intelligence Unit, a market-leading forecasting tool for the world economy. It predicts and explains the key issues and trends in important developed and emerging markets, spelling out their implications for business and the world economy over the next five years.
- Global Health (CABI)A specialist public health database with an emphasis on international health.
- JSTOR This link opens in a new windowDigital library of important scholarly archived journals spanning many subject disciplines. IReL provides access to the following collections: Arts & Sciences I-VII, XI-XII; Ireland Collection; Life Sciences Collection.
- OECD iLibrary contains all the publications and datasets released by OECD (Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development), International Energy Agency (IEA), Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA), OECD Development Centre, PISA (Programme for International Student Assessment), and International Transport Forum (ITF) since 1998. Formerly SourceOECD, the platform comprises 20 Book collections by theme, containing all OECD monographs and reports; 24 periodicals; a reference title; and the OECD statistical databases.
- United Nations Official Document System (ODS)Covers all types of official United Nations documentation, beginning in 1993. Older UN documents are, however, added to the system on a daily basis. ODS also provides access to the resolutions of the General Assembly, Security Council, Economic and Social Council and the Trusteeship Council from 1946 onwards.
- World Development Indicators Online This link opens in a new windowWorld Development Indicators Online, published by the World Bank, is a comprehensive database of development information covering more than 575 indicators, 225 countries, and 18 regional and income groups. The extensive collection includes data on population, income, social, economic, financial, natural resources and environmental indicators from 1960 onwards.
- Last Updated: Mar 10, 2023 9:54 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/politics
- Print Page