Politics & International Relations: Newspapers
Information about books, journals, databases, ofiffical publications and other useful politics resources (including development studies resources).
Newspapers are very useful for identifying key trends, reviewing analysis of specific issues and tracing original research. They also provide a wealth of primary source material for scholarly research in many subject areas. UCD Library holds an extensive range of regional, national and international newspapers.
Further information on our Newspaper collections can be found here.
Newspaper Collections for Politics
Useful Newspaper resources for Politics include:
- 19th Century British Library Newspapers Part 1 (Gale) This link opens in a new windowA collection of national and regional newspapers, as well as newspapers from: established country or university towns; the industrial powerhouses of the manufacturing Midlands; and Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Newspapers that helped lead particular political or social movements such as Reform, Chartism, and Home Rule are also included, in addition to Penny papers aimed at the working and clerical classes.
- Irish Newspapers Archives This link opens in a new windowDigital archive of over six million Irish national, regional and historical newspapers.
- Irish Times (1995 - ) (Proquest) This link opens in a new windowA full-text newspaper article database containing articles published in the Irish Times from 1995 to present. Full-text articles only, excludes images.
- Irish Times (1859-2020) (ProQuest Historical Newspapers) This link opens in a new windowContains the Irish Times Digital Archive - a fully searchable archive which includes every page published since the newspapers foundation in 1859. Coverage: 1859-2020.
- Nexis Advance UK This link opens in a new windowNexis Advance UK provides full text access to regional, national and international newspapers, business trade journals, company reports and country reports.
- Last Updated: Mar 10, 2023 9:54 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/politics
- Print Page