- Student Guides
- Politics & International Relations
- Government & EU Information
Politics & International Relations: Government & EU Information
Information about books, journals, databases, ofiffical publications and other useful politics resources (including development studies resources).
What are Official Publications?
UCD Library provides access to a range of official publications. These are documents and reports produced and published by official bodies, such as governments, national institutions and regional and international organisations
Offical Publications and the European Documentation Centre (EDC)
This Collection is held on Level 4 of the James Joyce Library. A retrieval service operates during service hours. Call to the Information Desk on Level 2 to submit a request.
The collection contains material from the Irish, British and US governments; European Union (EU); International Labour Organization (ILO); International Monetary Fund (IMF); OECD, United Nations (UN);UNESCO and World Bank
See here for further information.
- Oireachtas DebatesDáil debates are published incrementally throughout a sitting day. Seanad debates are published on a same day or next day basis.
- Europa (European Union)Up-to-date information on EU affairs and policies
- Central Statistics OfficeHosts databases including StatBank; Census of Population, Agriculture and several other public sector areas.
Includes statistical databases from International Organizations such as Eurostat, ECB, OECD, UNECE, UNSC, & IMF.
- Irish Government WebsiteWebsite, maintained by the Irish Government, which contains information and links relating to the Irish State
- Irish Social Science Data Archive (ISSDA)Surveys included are Growing up in Ireland; Opinion Poll data; Cross National Comparative Data, Social and Political Attitudes Survey, NCPP Employee Attitudes Survey, Irish National Election Study, Ageism and Ageing, Eurostudent and Attitudes to Disability
- Irish Statute BookThis resource is created by the Office of the Attorney General and provides full text of the Acts of the Oireachtas, Statutory Instruments and Chronological Tables of the Statutes back to 1922. Also includes the Legislation Directory.
- ProQuest U.K. Parliamentary Papers This link opens in a new windowProQuest U.K. Parliamentary Papers includes over 200,000 House of Commons sessional papers from 1715 to the present, with supplementary material back to 1688. It includes the 18th century (1688-1834), 19th century (1801-1900), 20th century (1901-2003/04 session), 21st century module 1 (2004/05, 2009/10 sessions), and Hansard (1803-2005) collections.
- Northern Ireland: A divided Community (Gale) This link opens in a new windowHosted on the Gale Archives Unbound platform, this resource offers digital, full-text searching of facsimile images of the complete records of the Stormont Cabinet Papers from the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland.
- OECD iLibrary contains all the publications and datasets released by OECD (Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development), International Energy Agency (IEA), Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA), OECD Development Centre, PISA (Programme for International Student Assessment), and International Transport Forum (ITF) since 1998. Formerly SourceOECD, the platform comprises 20 Book collections by theme, containing all OECD monographs and reports; 24 periodicals; a reference title; and the OECD statistical databases.
- Westlaw UK This link opens in a new windowLaw of the United States, United Kingdom, European Union and other jurisdictions. Includes journal articles, case law and legislation. Includes CELEX database of EU legislation and case law.
- World Development Indicators Online This link opens in a new windowWorld Development Indicators Online, published by the World Bank, is a comprehensive database of development information covering more than 575 indicators, 225 countries, and 18 regional and income groups. The extensive collection includes data on population, income, social, economic, financial, natural resources and environmental indicators from 1960 onwards.
- Last Updated: Mar 10, 2023 9:54 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/politics
- Print Page