- Student Guides
- Datasets and Statistics
Business: Datasets and Statistics
This guide provides a starter point for finding Business information.
UCD IT Services provide access for students to a range of data analysis software packages, including NVivo, SPSS and Stata. These can be downloaded or accessed through the UCD Connect page - selecting the Software Download option for NVivo. Stata and SPSS are available via AppsAnywhere.
A full listing of the applications available and instructions for downloading can be found here.
Please contact IT Services for more information (https://fujitsuireland.service-now.com/itucd)
Useful Datasets for Business
- Central Statistics OfficeHosts databases including StatBank; Census of Population, Agriculture and several other public sector areas.
Includes statistical databases from International Organizations such as Eurostat, ECB, OECD, UNECE, UNSC, & IMF.
- Department of FinanceIncludes guidelines, reports, statistical information, financial statements and the Department's monthly Economic Bulletin.
- Central Bank of IrelandIncludes regular research bulletins, forecasts and other Irish and Euro area statistics.
- Irish Social Science Data Archive (ISSDA)Surveys included are Growing up in Ireland; Opinion Poll data; Cross National Comparative Data, Social and Political Attitudes Survey, NCPP Employee Attitudes Survey, Irish National Election Study, Ageism and Ageing, Eurostudent and Attitudes to Disability
- ESRI (Economic & Social Research Institute)A leading European research centre in the social sciences focusing on economic and social change in Ireland
- European Central Bank StatisticsCovers the Eurozone and compiles money, banking and financial market statistics
- EurostatThe Statistical Office of the European Union. Provides high-quality statistical information on the EU Member States Includes information on Eurostat printed and electronic publications Data is charged for but some key indicator snapshots are free to view.
- HypostatA statistical report encompassing data on recent developments in housing and mortgage markets in Europe and beyond. The 2021 edition (covering data until end 2020) presents data and analyses for the 27 Member States of the European Union, as well as data from 13 additional countries (Australia, Canada, Brazil, Iceland, Japan, Norway, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States).
- World Development Indicators Online This link opens in a new windowWorld Development Indicators Online, published by the World Bank, is a comprehensive database of development information covering more than 575 indicators, 225 countries, and 18 regional and income groups. The extensive collection includes data on population, income, social, economic, financial, natural resources and environmental indicators from 1960 onwards.
- International Statistical AgencyCompiled by the US Department of Labor. Useful starting point for finding further data on specific countries.
- IMF Statistical DatabasesAccess to the following International Monetary Fund titles: International Financial Statistics, Direction of Trade Statistics and Balance of Payments Statistics.
- FedStatsActs as a portal to the full range of US Government statistical information provided by over 100 US agencies. Topics include economic and population trends, crime, education, health care, aviation safety, energy use, farm production and more.
- Global Economic MonitorAa portal for analysis of current economic trends, and economic and financial indicators. It features up-to-date analysis on global economic conditions with daily briefs, datasets via Quick Query, commodity prices and main macroeconomic indicators for over 130 countries.
- Global Forecasting UnitFrom the Economist Intelligence Unit, a market-leading forecasting tool for the world economy. It predicts and explains the key issues and trends in important developed and emerging markets, spelling out their implications for business and the world economy over the next five years.
- Welcome Pack
- Books and eBooks
- Business EJournals
- Databases for Business
- Approaching your Research Topic
- Case studies, Industry & Company Sources
- Key Websites
- Government and EU Information
- Datasets and Statistics
- Citing Information and Avoiding Plagiarism
Creative Commons license
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
- Last Updated: Feb 7, 2023 1:08 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/business
- Print Page
Subjects: Business, Subject Guide
Tags: accounting, business, commerce, finance, marketing