Collection Services, UCD Library: Services for Academics
Services for teaching and research
- Ordering Books for Teaching or Research
- Journal and Database Subscriptions
- Inter-Library Loans
- Moving Books Between Collections
- Developing a New Module or Programme
- Linking to Resources
If you would like to order either teaching materials for your module(s) or research-oriented material, please go to our Ordering Books page and fill out the online form.
If you wish to subscribe to a print or online journal/resource, please contact the Collection Development and Description Librarian (CDDL) for your School.
Please be aware that budget restrictions and other external factors may impact on the Library's ability to subscribe to additional journals and databases.
In addition to direct journal subscriptions, UCD Library also provides access to content through the IReL Consortium.
Where an item is unavailable either in print or electronically in our Library, we can often acquire a copy of it from another Library using our Inter-Library Loan service.
Material is sourced from a range of Irish, UK and international libraries.
When submitting a new programme proposal for approval you will need to consider:
- What is the current strength of the Library collection in your proposed area of study?
- Is there a sufficiency of materials to support the number of students envisaged?
- Are other courses drawing on these collections at the same time?
- Will new books and journals require purchase and when will they be needed?
- Is start up funding available to develop the collection?
- Will recurrent expenditure be required. E.g. annual journal subscriptions?
How can the Library help?
When designing a new programme the Library can help with compiling reading lists. We can advise on items of value we already have in the collection and order in items to enhance what is already in place.
For further information contact your Collection Development and Description Librarian (CDDL).
Form A: New Programme Proposal
It is possible to provide links to electronic journal articles, e-books and databases within Blackboard. However, when these links are copied at “article level” they are not stable. They may work today but not tomorrow, they may not work on all computers, and don’t provide off campus access to the material.
For detailed instructions on the best way to add links see our Brightspace guide.
- Last Updated: Sep 17, 2020 2:33 PM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/collection_services
- Print Page