Collection Services, UCD Library: New eResources and Trials
Request eResource Trial
If you are interested in requesting a trial, please contact the Collection Development Librarian for your subject.
Requestors will be asked to liaise with relevant library staff and provide feedback of trial resources.
If you are interested in requesting a trial, please contact the relevant academic staff member in your School who can make a request on your behalf.
New eResources and Trials
Here you will find some of the recent eresources added to the Library's collections.
The listing will also feature some eresources that UCD Library has on trial. Feedback on these trial resources is appreciated and will help inform any purchasing decisions.
UCD Library eResource Trial Policy
UCD Library facilitate free trials of online resources that are of potential interest to UCD staff and students.
Trials can involve considerable workload for the collections team and our vendors and therefore each request for a free trial will be considered using the following criteria.
- Relevance of the resource to the teaching, learning and research activities of the requestor(s), and the wider University.
- Potential to re-evaluate existing resources and swap with new products.
- Availability of funding, and likelihood of purchase/subscription following a successful trial.
- Appropriate timing for a trial, and availability of trial participants to actively engage with the product and provide feedback.
- Trials involving the wider student and academic population will only be considered when there is a realistic opportunity of funding following a successful trial.
- Requests for trials to facilitate one off access to a resource are subject to approval.
- Last Updated: Jun 21, 2022 10:17 AM
- URL: https://libguides.ucd.ie/collection_services
- Print Page