GIS at UCD and on the Web: Research Papers and Journal Articles
UCD Library GIS Guide
Articles & Research Papers
- GISRUK 2021GISRUK is the largest academic conference in Geographic Information Science in the UK.
Held in April 2021 with free access to conference talks in the following areas:
Urban Analytics and Smart Cities
Urban infrastructure modelling and the built environment
Spatial and Spatio-temporal modelling
Cartography and Geovisualisation
Volunteered Geographic Information
Applications in transport, economics, health, and environmental science
- A place in history: A guide to using GIS in historical researchResearch article by Ian N. Gregory. Published 2005.
- Creating small area measures of urban deprivationArticle by Harris, Richard J; Longley, Paul A. Published in Environment and Planning A, 2002.
- GIS-based geo-environmental evaluation for urban land-use planning: a case studyArticle by F.C Dai, C.F Lee and X.H Zhang. Published in Engineering Geology, 2001.
- Health, place and Hanly: modelling accessibility to hospitals in IrelandArticle by Stamatis Kalogirou and Ronan Foley. Published in Irish Geography, 2006.
- Map-making and myth-making in Broad Street: the London cholera epidemic, 1854Article by Howard Brody, Michael Russell Rip, Peter Vinten-Johansen, Nigel Paneth, Stephen Rachman. Published in The Lancet, 2000.
- Risk-maps informing land-use planning processes: A survey on the Netherlands and the United Kingdom recent developmentsArticle by Claudia Bastaa, Jeroen M.M. Neuvelb, Sisi Zlatanovac, Ben Aled. Published in Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2006.
- The application of Geographical Information Systems to determine environmental impact significanceArticle by Paula Antunes, Rui Santos, Luı́s Jordão. Published in Environmental Impact Assessment Review, 2001.
- The internet, GIS and public participation in transportation planningArticle by Kathy X. Tang, Nigel M. Waters. Published in Progress in Planning, 2005.
- The relationship between access and quality of urban green space with population physical activityArticle by M. Hillsdon, J. Panter, C Foster, A. Jones. Published in Public Health, 2006.
- Happiness, geography and the environmentAuthors: Brereton, Finbarr; Clinch, J. Peter; Ferreira, S. (Susana). 2008
Papers from UCD Research Repository
- Evacuation route selection based on tree-based hazards using LiDar and GISAuthors: Laefer, Debra F.; Pradhan, Anu. 2006
- Reflections on the science and art of using a GIS to locate a new national children's hospital in Ireland : comments on HoughtonAuthors: Murphy, Enda; Killen, James E. 2010
Creative Commons license
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License