Open Access Publishing Agreements: Rockefeller University Press
This agreement gives current staff and students:
- Unlimited access to all content published in RUP’s three hybrid journals—Journal of Cell Biology (JCB), Journal of Experimental Medicine (JEM), and Journal of General Physiology (JGP)—immediately after publication.
- Research articles by corresponding authors based at our institution are published immediate open access under a CC-BY license, directly deposited to PubMed Central (PMC) and subsequently to Europe PMC, and archived in LOCKSS/CLOCKSS and Portico.
- 100% coverage of research article publication fees for authors within the institution, with no limit to the number of articles that may be published immediate open access.
Agreement period: 1 Jan 2022 to 31 Dec 2024
OA quota per year: unlimited.
What journals are included?
Corresponding authors affiliated with participating IReL institutions can publish open access articles in these journals:
- Journal of Cell Biology (Online ISSN 1540-8140)
- Journal of Experimental Medicine (Online ISSN 1540-9538)
- Journal of General Physiology (Online ISSN 1540-7748)
Also see the list of eligible journals in all of IReL’s open access agreements.
Instructions for authors
For an article to be eligible, the corresponding author must be UCD staff or student at the time of the article's acceptance for publication.
Upon submitting their article, the author will be asked to validate their institution. The IReL member institution (UCD) must be indicated.
The article must be accepted between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2024.
If invited to submit a final revision, the author will receive a request to sign the license agreement once the revision is received.
Authors who publish in RUP journals always retain copyright ownership or have the ability to set the copyright owner as their institutions when required.