Open Access Publishing Agreements: Geological Society
The UCD-Geological Society open access publishing agreement allows corresponding authors from UCD to publish open access upon publication at no extra cost.
Agreement period: 1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2023.
OA quota per year: unlimited.
What journals are included?
The following journals and book series are included:
- Journal of the Geological Society - Hybrid journal (formerly Quarterly Journal of the Geological Society).
- Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology & Hydrogeology - Hybrid journal.
- Petroleum Geoscience - Hybrid journal co-published with EAGE.
- Geochemistry: Exploration, Environment, Analysis - Hybrid journal Co-published with Association of Applied Geochemists.
- Proceedings of the Yorkshire Geological Society - Hybrid journal Published on behalf of the Yorkshire Geological Society.
- Scottish Journal of Geology - Hybrid journal Published on behalf of the Edinburgh and Glasgow geological societies.
- Special Publications.
- Engineering Geology Special Publications.
For 2022, UCD corresponding authors may publish with GSL for the Geological Society’s Lyell Collection.
Instructions for authors
The eligible author must be the corresponding author and submit using their institutional email address. At the time an article is accepted for publication, the corresponding author must be a current staff member or student with UCD. The Geological Society will invite eligible corresponding authors to make their articles open access on submission.
Eligible article types: all article types.
OA publishing license: CC-BY only.
Creative Commons license
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License