Open Access Publishing Agreements: Optica Publishing Group (OPG)
This agreement gives current staff and students at participating institutions:
- Access to Optics InfoBase Premium (see table below for list of titles).
- The ability to make articles accepted for publication in eligible Optica Publishing Group journals open access, without the author paying an article processing charge (APC).
Agreement period: 1 Jan 2022 – 31 Dec 2024.
OA quota per year: 20 articles.
What journals are included?
The following journals are eligible APC waiver:
- Biomedical Optics Express (Open Access) - ISSN:2155-3165 (Online)
- Applied Optics - ISSN:2155-3165 (Online)
- Biomedical Optics Express (Open Access) - ISSN:2156-7085 (Online)
- Journal of the Optical Society of America A - ISSN:1520-8532 (Online)
- Journal of the Optical Society of America B - ISSN:1520-8540 (Online)
- Optica (Open Access) - ISSN:2334-2536 (Online)
- Optical Materials Express (Open Access) - ISSN:2159-3930 (Online)
- Optics Express (Open Access) - ISSN:1094-4087 (Online)
- Optics Letters - ISSN:1539-4794 (Online)
- OPG Continuum (Open Access) - ISSN:2578-7519 (Online)
Instructions for authors
Eligible authors: The corresponding author must be a current staff member or student of a participating institution at the time the article is accepted for publication. The corresponding author must ensure their correct affiliation details are provided to the publisher as part of the manuscript submission process.
Requests to publish OA under the agreement are subject to approval by participating members. Requests for approval will be sent via RightsLink for Scientific Communication.
Eligible article types: Research Articles, Letters, Memoranda, Discussions, Mini-Reviews, Tutorials, Opinions, Negative Results, Reproducibility Studies, Comments, Replies, Engineering & Laboratory Notes
OA publishing license: CC-BY.
Creative Commons license
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License