APA Style Guide: Print journal article, two to twenty authors
Print journal article two to twenty authors
When you have a source with two to twenty authors, include all the authors names, including an ampersand (&) preceded by a comma.
Reference: Last name, Initials First and all authors. (Year). Title of article. Title of Journal. Volume number (Issue number) page.
Example: Murphy, T., McGuigan, S., Shamely, H., Pennard, C., Coulstan, W., Osted, B., & Witcherly, C. (2014). Learning from the animals: The ethics of using white rats in psychological experiments. Journal of Animal Observation, 24, 130-170.
In-Text-Citation (two authors):
- First Author Last name and Second Author Last name (Year)...
- (First Author Last name & Second Author Last name, Year)...
In-Text-Citation (three to twenty authors):
- First Author Last name et al. (Year)...
- (First Author Last name et al., Year)...
- Murphy et al. (2014) discuss the ethics of breeding white rats purely for experimentation purposes....
- The article clearly articulates reasons why scientists should question both the ethics and validity of using white rats to generalise to human behaviour (Murphy et al., 2014).
Note: only include the issue number when it is available.
Still unsure what in-text citation and referencing mean? Check here.
Still unsure why you need to reference all this information? Check here.